Thursday, February 16, 2012

Babies...or lack thereof...

Anyone who reads my blog who likes to pretend that sex does not exist should not read this post :)

I would like to state for all the doubters and to those who made bets(and I know who you are)...that we have been married almost 8 months and are NOT pregnant.

Proof :)     

This has been an interesting topic for us. When we got married we did lots of research in to all types of birth control. We're not "birth control is murder/abortion" kind of people. But we do have concerns of the effects of bc on the woman's body. There are three types of birth control: hormonal, IUD, and barrier. All of which have advantages and disadvantages. And can be researched in great detail online.

Pills are in the hormonal category and  for most women the pill is their choice. We have chosen not to use the pill because of the hormonal effects. My body is pretty regular. I usually have a very predictable period. I see no reason to screw that up with unnecessary hormones. The pill is also known to be responsible for decrease of libido. And many woman who have gotten pregnant right after getting off of the pill have had miscarriages. The women in my family have a history of miscarriages for reasons that have not been clear. I have no desire to introduce something to my body that may cause complications in the future. Even though our preference is to wait a couple years to have children I intend to do everything I can to prepare my body for that time starting now. I want to give my children the best fighting chance to have a healthy start to life.

Our birth control of choice has been condoms...for us it has been the most effective method with the least amount of side effects. We are aware of the flaws in condoms. But feel that we are not to sacrifice health because of our lack of self-control. We will do our part to prevent pregnancy early in our marriage. But we also trust that it is going to be God's timing and not ours when the time is right to expand our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment