Friday, July 6, 2012

Sunday Mornings...

This is a post explaining why we are a MINIMUM of 15 minutes late to church every single Sunday. And why we will NEVER make it to church once we have a child.

Our Sunday mornings start out with an alarm going off about 9:00. Sometimes I get up and do some stuff for about an hour. Sometimes I stay in bed and ignore the alarms for another hour. Around 10:00 start considering getting around and waking husband up. At this point one of two things happens. Either "stuff" happens ;)...resulting in us completely missing church. OR what happens is we get up about 10:15 and start getting ready. Getting ready involves picking out clothes. It usually starts with me picking out what I want to wear. Then Peter looks through his closet for something that coordinates with my outfit. He either can't find something in his closest that works with my outfit...or decides that he doesn't like my outfit and starts going through my closet. He finds 2-3 outfits for me...which I look at with not as much enthusiasm as him. I go and pick another outfit...he looks at it and tells me that the pieces I have don't match. He picks another one...I don't like that one either. Repeat several times. He finally says "fine, pick what you want. I don't care". I look through my closet/the clothes on the bed and find something. He picks out something that goes with what I choose. I second guess myself and change my outfit....and then change it again. He follows my outfit changes. By this point it is 10:45 (if we're lucky)...church starts at 11:00. After clothes are picked out it takes us a good 15min to get out of the house. I REALIZE that the solution would be get up earlier...but that's not going to happen on a Sunday...AND we actually have done that and STILL been late!! Oh and the reason that we will never make it to church once we have a child is because he is going to insist on coordinating his/her outfit with ours...rolling eyes...

The result of Sunday mornings

No comments:

Post a Comment